Teaching boys how to cope with adversity, to lose with dignity and to win with Grace.
Trinity Grammar School (TGS), a member of the Combined Associated School (CAS) Sports Programme, is seeking to appoint a talented and passionate Basketball Coach & 1st V Assistant to work with the Director of Basketball in developing the TGS Basketball programme.
The summer season will begin in the week commencing 7 September 2020 and continue until the final round of CAS Sport in the week commencing 8 March 2021. Successful applicants must be compliant and able to commence work from 7 September 2020 to assist with preseason trial, team selections.
Working on site between the School’s Summer Hill and Strathfield campuses, you must be available for all allocated training sessions and matches through the CAS season. Working approx. 20 hours per week, spread across weekdays and Saturdays.
- Work closely with the Director of Basketball to plan and implement a coaching programME for nominated teams to achieve short and long-term outcomes.
- Attend scheduled training sessions and games as per the Basketball programme for your assigned team(s).
- Facilitate the skill development of team members with a range of skill levels to achieve performance outcomes.
- Assist in the planning and preparation for nominated teams for competition.
- Attend all program activities including coach’s’ meetings, training sessions and games.
- Liaise with the Director, Basketball on providing input for reports on student performance, game results and other issues as required.
- Model exemplary behaviour reflective of the values and ethos of the School.
- Develop an effective working relationship and rapport with students.
You will require:
- Association Coach (Level 2) or above Coaching accreditation is desirable.
- A sound playing and/or coaching background.
- Experience with HUDL analytics.
- Experience working with young children and adolescents, ideally in a School setting or elite level.
- Completion of the "Play by the Rules (PBTR) – Child Protection Module" online certification is essential.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and timely manner as you'll be interacting with peers, parents and students.
- Developed organisation and administration ability.
- Professional approach to work – punctual for all coaching sessions and meetings. Equipment set up and ready to start training on time.
- Ability to role model effective behaviours while acknowledging professional boundaries.
- Reliable and commitment to developing the TGS Basketball Programme.
Working with Children Check
All staff are required to provide the School with a current NSW Working with Children Check Number (Employment Status not Volunteer) in accordance with Child Protection Legislation.
Child Protection Online Course
All persons seeking employment as a Coach must complete the Australian Sport, free of charge online course “Play by the Rules” (PBTR) – Child Protection module only. This course has been developed to assist coaches to learn the basic skills of coaching, particularly those coaches working with children. The course is delivered through the playbytherules.net.au online Learning portal.
Work Health & Safety
A valid First Aid (HLTAID003) qualification and CPR (HLTAID001) certificate.
Got questions? Contact Robyn Evans, HR Generalist Sport & Co-curricular at Trinity Grammar School Email: email@example.com or for a confidential discussion on 9581 6058.
To apply, click on the link below which will direct you to the TGS website.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Applications close: Monday 17 August 2020 at 5.00pm