Little Athletics is a uniquely Australian sport for children aged 5-16 years. As the name suggests, it is based upon the sport of athletics (track and field) and the events are specially modified to suit the ages and abilities of children. A wide range of running, jumping, throwing and walking events is conducted. Little Athletics is the Foundation for all Sports . It offers young people activities and skills that will stand them in good stead for their sporting future. Each year across NSW, approximately 40,000 boys and girls enjoy the activities that Little Athletics has to offer.
The Regional Development Officer will represent and grow the Sport of athletics in the region by providing support to clubs and centres and through engagement with schools, councils and other relevant community groups. The role will also provide direct support for athletes and their parents as required.
- Centre and Club Support - Provide first point of contact support for local centres and clubs
- School Programs - Engage with local schools to provide programs and support services to include participation in the sport and increase membership at local centres
- Participation Programs - Working with the Participation Team to pursue opportunities for increasing participation at all levels of the sport
- Coaching - Engage with centres, clubs and schools to assist in the attraction and retention of coaching staff
- Regional carnivals - In association with the Zone Coordinators assist in the running of regional carnivals
- OneSport - Assist in the development of athletics in NSW within the regional area
- As the local eyes and ears on the ground provide information and feedback to relevant LANSW and ANSW staff regarding what is happening in the local community to assist in the strategic development of service provision in regional areas
Please use your cover letter to demonstrate your understanding of Little Athletic's position in the marketplace and highlight your experiences and accomplishments that speak to these requirements.
More details and selection criteria can be found in the attached position overview.