Cycling Victoria (CV) is the peak governing body for cycling in Victoria, Australia. Cycling Victoria is responsible for the presentation of cycling participation programs and development of a strong competitive cycling events and performance pathways. Our strong Member Club network supports competitive road, track and cyclo-cross athletes, recreational and commuter cyclists, educators, coaches, officials administrators, fans, volunteers and advocates of the sport.
The Media & Member Services Officer is expected to fulfil a number of key duties including:
- Planning and Organising – coordinate the delivery of Together More Active work plan and implementation tasks and meet reporting and funding requirements.
- Influencing and Negotiation – building mutually beneficial relationships and programmatic activities underpinned by increasing member benefits and/or positive experiences.
- Member Services - understand the needs of participants whether non-members or member clubs and respond in an informed and timely manner.
- Stakeholder Management - establish and manage specifically focused relationships and provide leadership and direction to volunteers, committees and members. The role has interaction with internal partners and external stakeholders including Member Clubs, volunteers, Victorian Institute of Sport, Cycling Australia and Sport and Recreation Victoria.
- Finance – act in accordance with the constitution and approved budgets, ensuring revenue sources are diverse, stable and sustainable.
Key Program Areas and Deliverables
- Manage Cycling Victoria’s website and social media platforms, includes content creation and moderating/responding to comments, queries and messages.
- Produce and deliver on strategically aligned promotions to drive membership and participation, includes production of eDM newsletters, Member Updates, relevant sponsor and partnership endorsements and and program information
- Create and disseminate content for Member Club and Cycling Victoria competition and events, such as nominated UCI, National Championships, National Series, State Open or Club/Combine racing.
- Build strong working relationships with all marketing & related stakeholders and where applicable attend events and meetings.
- Contribute to Cycling Victoria team meetings, track and report progress
Together More Active - Wayfinder
Wayfinder is Cycling Victoria’s initiative to lead a cultural shift by engaging Women and girls to lead and deliver active recreation programs to build a life-long love of cycling measured by increases in overall participation and growth of programs during and beyond the Government funding period.
The process identified opportunity to increase the level (quantity) of female participation in cycling across ride/race, administration and pathway development.
Cycling Victoria is seeking a Media and Member Services Officer who will champion Gender Equity and Media Communications within the Cycling Victoria community. Your role will include executing the Cycling Victoria Gender Equity Action Plan and Together More Active work plan to change the game for cycling in Victoria. You will be the voice of Cycling Victoria through the effective delivery of social media, club communications and digital marketing content.
Cycling Victoria intends to build, deliver and continuously develop further participation, coaching, commissaire and sport administration programs throughout metropolitan and regional locations. Key performance indicators will be included to support the long-term sustainability of the program – e.g. Brand identity & Marketing Strategy, Communications Plan, Partnership Proposal Document and Commercial Sponsorship Proposal.
About Cycling & Co.
Cycling & Co. is a cycling participation program funded by VicHealth’s ‘Growing Participation in Sport’ grant program (GPIS). Through the grant, Cycling Victoria aims to support less active young Victorians (12 – 17 years old) to be more physically active. More recently the program looks to become scalable to greater number of cycling cohorts.
Cycling & Co. was developed by Cycling Victoria following an extensive period of co-design with young people and their parents/carers. This included a focus group, intercept surveys and an online survey.
The co-design process identified demand for a non-competitive cycling program that:
- Is fun, relaxed, social and includes lots of riding
- Builds skills and knowledge, including group riding skills, road rules and safe riding routes
- Provides opportunities for adventure and exploration
The Cycling & Co. concept was developed from these demands. Cycling & Co. ride leaders seek to deliver programs in partnership with local cycling clubs, local councils and Regional Sports Assemblies in a commercially sustainable basis.
Cycling Victoria is located at 281 Darebin Road, Thornbury VIC, 3071.
The role requires event based travel throughout the state of Victoria and evening and weekend work with flexibility working arrangements available.
Commensurate with the skills, experience and contract status of the successful applicant.