Cycling Victoria (CV) is the peak governing body for cycling in Victoria, Australia. Cycling Victoria is responsible for the presentation of cycling participation programs and development of a strong competitive cycling events and performance pathways. Our strong Member Club network supports competitive road, track and cyclo-cross athletes, recreational and commuter cyclists, educators, coaches, officials administrators, fans, volunteers and advocates of the sport.
The Education & Sport Development Officer will work within Cycling Victoria’s Racing team and undertake various tasks to deliver member based competency accreditation programs and administration of Junior events and services.
The Education & Sport Development Officer is expected to fulfil a number of key duties including:
- Planning and Organising – coordinate the process for the overall schedule of Junior events including continual review of competition structures, practice, policy and procedures.
- Member Services - understand the needs of participants whether non-members or member clubs and schools and respond through the administration of training and education programs
- Stakeholder Management - establish and manage specifically focused relationships and provide leadership and direction to volunteers, committees and members. The role has interaction with Schools, Member Clubs, volunteers, the Victorian Institute of Sport, Cycling Australia and Sport and Recreation Victoria.
- Finance – act in accordance with the constitution and approved budgets, ensuring revenue sources are diverse, stable and sustainable.
Key Task Areas
Education & Pathways
Assist Cycling Australia in the provision and attendance of online Coaching and Commissaire and engage assessors (both in metropolitan and regional locations) to complete the practical assessment. Note, this includes ensuring risk management prerequisites are met (First Aid and Working With Children Check).
Victorian Interschool Cycling Series (VICS) is a cycling competition and feeder program for Junior Racing heavily geared to schools including both road and mountain bike disciplines. An opportunity exists to expand to Track cycling. Events are run according to school terms and participants are graded in novice or race categories to build confidence and skill development.
Junior Off-Road utilises cyclo-cross activations targeted towards students aged 8 years through 18 years old in a varied locations with a focus on providing an exciting, low-barrier to entry event in a safe environment and opportunity for local club engagement.
Junior Racing - provide event (racing/competition) administration to assist Member Clubs and Event Hosts complete the event registration (sanction and scheduling) and staging of Road and Track disciplines.
Junior Development (Social Distancing Development Squad)
The Junior Social Distancing Development Squad (SDDS) was built at the beginning of the COVID-19 health crisis to bring together the junior cycling community for educational and riding opportunities. It is designed to connect our community with their friends and peers from across the state and play a role in their development as a cyclist and young person.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely provision of Member Services related to Cycling Australia accreditation courses covering Coaching, Commissaires (Officials) and Volunteers
- Successfully establishing new and growing existing partnerships to coordinate the delivery of Schools based Series and programs
- Successfully enable the staging of Junior Club/Combine, State Open and State Championships
- Development of the Junior Social Distancing Development Squad initiative
- Preparation of key program documents - e.g. Engagement & Communications Plans, Partnership Proposal Documents and Event Organiser Handbooks
Cycling Victoria is located at 281 Darebin Road, Thornbury VIC, 3071.
The role requires event based travel throughout the state of Victoria and evening and weekend work with flexibility working arrangements available.
Commensurate with the skills, experience and contract status of the successful applicant.