As the fitness industry rapidly evolves in response to the impacts of covid-19, so too do the opportunities for employment and professional development. The Town of Port Hedland (Town) is currently seeking to create a pool of suitably experienced and motivated fitness professionals in order to deliver exceptional fitness services to the community of Port Hedland Leisure
Applicants will be selected from this pool to undertake one or a number of roles across Wanangkura Stadium and Gratwick Gyms.
This pool recruitment process will remain active for a period of six months.
What are the positions on offer?
- Gym Instructor Level 3 $42 (inclusive casual loading)
- Group Fitness Instructor Level 3 $42 (inclusive casual loading) + allowance
- Personal Trainer Level 4 $46.25 (inclusive casual loading)
What are the other benefits?
- Develop and nurture your skills and professional development
- Work in a friendly and supportive team
- Boost your knowledge of the Town’s facilities and services
- Boost the strength, breadth and diversity of your CV
- Meet new people in the community
What are the main duties?
These roles contribute to the effective and efficient operation of the gym facilities and fitness service delivery which may include:
- The delivery of safe and effective fitness programs and service to Port Hedland Leisure members
- Ensure a hygienic, safe and inclusive environment for patrons in line with regulatory and industry standards
- Foster a supportive and positive outlook to motivate and assist members to reach their fitness goals
- Work closely with staff and management to ensure innovative and effective service delivery in line with current market trends and industry standards
Please refer to the attached position description for further information regarding each roles.
To be successful in the role, you will:
- Have a positive approach to life and show initiative in seeking out new challenges. A good attitude is prerequisite.
- Certificate III in Health and Fitness or equivalent with demonstrated experience in similar field
- Physical Fitness of an acceptable level to perform duties of a fitness leader
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of fitness testing and exercise programming
- Excellent communication skills with a high level of motivation and ability to motivate others
- Experience in local government or a large recreation facility is desirable but not mandatory
- Hold a current First Aid certificate
- Current National Police Clearance
- Experience in the Fitness Industry
If you are only seeking to be considered for a particular location then you should clearly articulate this in your application.
Integrity and pre-employment checks will be conducted if the recommended applicant for this position is not a current Town employee.
Applicants will be chosen from the pool based upon their relevant skill-set and the requirements of the Town at that time.