The Rowing Association of Western Australia Inc (“Rowing WA”) is the State Sporting Association responsible for the development, promotion and governance of the sport of rowing throughout Western Australia. Rowing WA is a not for profit organisation which is one of seven State/Territory Associations, which make up the membership of the national body, Rowing Australia. Rowing WA’s mission is to ensure the existence of quality participation opportunities, servicing and support of member clubs and delivery of quality pathways within the sport of Rowing.
Currently targeting the greater Armadale region this exciting initiative utilises rowing as a platform to provide teenage girls and boys with new life skills and stronger links to higher education. The program will provide an environment that helps develop a strong sense of self and personal achievement and connects students with the many benefits that flow from joining the wider rowing community.
Making Waves is in the process of becoming a charitable company limited by guarantee (approx. Sept 2020) and this role will be employed under the new entity once established.
The position requires an individual who is highly passionate about both developing youth and the power of sport to change lives. The Program Manager has responsibility for both the strategic and operational aspects of the Making Waves Program and thereby requires an individual with strong leadership and management skills. To be successful the Program Manager requires excellent relationship building and communication skills as they will need to have the ability to effectively communicate, create buy-in and liaise with a diverse range of stakeholders to ensure the success of the program.
Strategic Leadership of Making Waves including;
- Coordination of the Making Waves Leadership Group
- Relationship Management with participating schools and Dept. of Education
- Key partner management i.e. Curtin University
- Network development with local government authorities
- Sponsor, donor and grant procurement and servicing
- Program profile development and growth
- Impact measures/reporting structure development and implementation
Operational Management of Making Waves including;
- All program operations
- Recruitment, retention and development of program coaches/learning facilitators
- Program curriculum delivery and review
- Research development opportunities scoping and development
- Human Resource Management of paid/volunteer personnel associated with the program
Terms & Hours of Work
- Fixed term for 3 years, with extension potential
Hours of Work
- 4 days (equivalent of 32 hours) per week
- RWA support a flexible work environment
- Primary work hours are business hours however out of hours and weekend work may be required
Download the full Position Description below.