Pos No: SRL037 and SRL038
Campbelltown City Council is an ambitious and innovative organisation in a rapidly growing city that is ideally located with easy access to key public transport and road links. Boasting extensive bushland areas along the Georges River, contrasted with vibrant city centres, Campbelltown City has been identified as a key strategic centre for the Macarthur region. Providing a range of services and facilities to a diverse community, we have a cohesive and collaborative culture that thrives on having a positive impact.
As part of the Sport, Recreation and Leisure Facilities section, the Leisure Facilities team focus on the delivery of customer centric services and programs that meet the health and wellbeing needs of Campbelltown’s growing population.
About the role:
We are seeking two energetic and vibrant, health and fitness professionals to join our team at Macquarie Fields Fitness and Indoor Sports Centre. With exceptional interpersonal and communication skills the Fitness Attendant will be responsible for promoting, implementing and maintaining a broad range of innovative and effective centre based fitness and sports programs.
Based at Macquarie Fields Fitness and Indoor Sports Centre as a Fitness Attendant you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring a safe environment for all participants.
- Supervising and directing clients in the correct and safe form of exercise and equipment use.
- Promoting centre programs and activities to participants.
- Conducting fitness assessments on client screening forms.
- Set up, pack away and cleaning of fitness and sporting equipment.
- Ensuring fitness and sporting equipment is functioning correctly and report any equipment malfunction.
- Leading fitness classes.
- Professional instruct and maintain an effective coaching program at the centre.
- Assist with reception duties and reporting on fitness assessments, sales, membership retention rates.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- Certificate III in Fitness and current Gym Instructor registration with Fitness Australia.
- Possess a current Resuscitation Certificate and current First Aid certificate.
- Current Working with Children Check with Services NSW.
- Demonstrated experience in developing fitness programs for clients of varying fitness levels.
- Knowledge of relevant computer software applications and demonstrated computer skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to be team minded by striving to meet team objectives.
- Commitment to role modelling our values of: Respect, Integrity, Optimism, Trust and Teamwork.
There is a Tuesday to Saturday roster, and a Sunday to Thursday roster which includes early starts and late finishes.
As a member of our friendly and passionate team, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Permanent part-time, 25 hours per week
- Salary from $24.35 per hour + weekend penalty rates
- Plus 9.5% superannuation
- Generous leave provisions
- Generous professional development opportunities
- Weekly pay
Key contact: For further information on this position, please contact Rachel Bastable, Leisure Facilities Lead on (02) 4645 4377.
Applications close: Friday, 3 April 2020.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Campbelltown City Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and values the unique contributions of all people. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.