The YMCA is one of Brisbane's most recognisable customer-focused community organisations, providing opportunities for all people to grow in body, mind and spirit. The organisation operates a number of services including child care, health and fitness, hospitality and a hotel, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and benevolent activities including the YMCA Vocational School and the Schools' Breakfast program.
Would you like to be a part of Gymnastics program that looks after its Coaches?
- Would you like to not have to pay for your First Aid and CPR qualifications?
- Would you like FREE admission to YMCA Yearly Gymnastics Congress?
- Would you like FREE admission to some of the Gymnastics QLD yearly Congress courses?
- Would you like Financial Support for upgrading Gymnastics Qualifications?
If you answered "YES" you need to keep reading!!
The YMCA is one of the largest providers of sport and recreation in Queensland. It is our belief that gymnastics is amongst the best physical training and exercise you can do!
YMCA Jamboree Heights prides itself on providing a high quality competitive program. We have a history of producing Regional, State and National Champions.
We now have exciting opportunities for Gymnastics Coaches at our YMCA Gymnastics Club at Jamboree Heights.
YMCA Gymnastics Coaches are an essential component in the delivery of YMCA Gymnastics programs and services. These positions require energetic and motivated people who are not afraid to use their own ideas and initiative within a gymnastics class environment.
In this position, you will be required to coach a competitive WAG group. You must have experience coaching a competitive group, and be willing to progress your knowledge under our Competitive Leader. Depending on enrolments, you may also be required to coach in our Steps or Kindergym program.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following selection criteria:
- Gymnastics coaching qualifications (minimum of advanced qualification)
- Current Technical Membership with Gymnastics Australia;
- Experience in coaching level 4 – 6 at competitions
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team;
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificates or a willingness to obtain;
- Blue Card and National Police Check or the ability to obtain this.
The YMCA also offers an excellent employee benefits program which includes:
- Free YMCA gym membership
- Discounted accommodation rates at the George Williams Hotel
- Discounted rates at our childcare facilities
- Discounted rate on health care through Medibank Private
- A range of online benefits through our online employee discounts and benefits program
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.