Wenona is seeking outstanding and enthusiastic sport coaches for 2020. The sporting program at Wenona is a vibrant and central part of school life, characterised by high levels of student engagement and participation that focuses on team spirit, fair play, courage, adventure and balanced, healthy lifestyles.
All positions will require before and/or after school training commitments with the possibility to negotiate days. The position also requires you to be available on Saturdays, normally a morning commitment. Pay and conditions are determined by experience, qualifications and level of professional representation as determined by the Principal in consultation with the Director of Sport and Performance K-12.
Successful applicants will be required to provide the School with a current Working with Children Certificate and required to undertake a coach induction process.
Senior School Competition
- Term 1: AFL, Indoor Hockey, Netball, Touch Football, Water Polo
- Term 2: Basketball, Football, Hockey, Netball
- Term 3: Hockey, Netball Water Polo
- Term 4: Indoor Hockey, Touch Football, Water Polo
- Year round training: Middle Distance Running and Fitness
Junior School Competition
- Term 1: Football, Flippa Ball/Water Polo
- Term 2: Hockey, Netball
- Term 3: Touch Football and AFL
- Term 4: Basketball
- Year round training: Basic Skills
- An active interest in and commitment to the promotion of Girls’ sport
- Ability to role model effective behaviours while acknowledging professional boundaries
- Ability to communicate in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to develop and implement programs set by the Head of Sport and respective Sport Coordinator
- Reliable and committed to each season
- A commitment to professional development and to working in accordance with the Wenona Staff Code of Conduct
- A sense of humour
Wenona is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.