Job No: BC1480
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 48 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest Council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the Western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 550,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing Councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
About the opportunity
Are you passionate about working with the community to create a diverse, accessible, safe and appealing open space network to encourage a vibrant healthy lifestyle? Are you excited by the prospect of working in a dynamic recreation planning and design team to help deliver Council’s vision? If so, this position could be for you.
If you possess tertiary qualifications in Recreation Planning, Leisure, Sport or a related discipline and have demonstrated experience in planning for recreation and sport opportunities while implementing projects, studies and strategies, we’d love to hear from you.
In return, you will experience the benefit of working in a dynamic, supportive working environment, a 9 day fortnight and the opportunity to help shape the future of Blacktown City.
Qualifications and experience
- The preferred qualification for this position is a four year degree in a related field (e.g. Leisure or Recreation)
- A minimum of two years relevant work experience
- Current class C driver’s licence
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Remuneration and benefits
- The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,523.90 - $1,706.80 (Grade 13) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.