South West Local Government – Colac Otway Shire Council
Full Time Permanent Position – 40 hours per week (including monthly RDO)
Band 6 $76,171- $82,388 per annum (plus superannuation).
Closing 9.00am on Monday 2 March 2020
About the City
Colac Otway Shire offers a rewarding lifestyle change and is one of the most picturesque municipalities in Victoria, covering a diverse area from volcanic lakes, craters and plains in the north, through the hinterland forests of the Otway Ranges to the Great Ocean Road coastline.
Located only one hour from Geelong, Colac is the key industrial, commercial and service centre for the shire and surrounding region with a population of 12,000. Apollo Bay is the other major urban centre with a permanent population of 1,500 that swells to over 15,000 during the summer season.
About the Role
Colac Otway Shire Council acknowledges the importance of a healthy and active community and strives to work in partnership with the community in the planning and delivery of recreation services, programs and facilities.
The Recreation team is responsible for the strategic planning, design and promotion of recreation facilities, open spaces and programs that encourage an active, healthy and connected community. The team also provides support to sporting and community groups, advice regarding open space development and facility improvements, master planning, and funding advocacy with a range of internal and external partners.
The candidate is responsible for:
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders including local and regional sporting and recreation groups;
- Recreation and leisure strategy and policy development.
- Implementation of actions nominated within Council’s strategic plans;
- Planning and delivery of Council’s capital works program;
- Recreation and Leisure facility management;
- Liaising with, and developing networks and co-operative relationships with other agencies to share information, resources and develop effective service delivery; and
- Coordinating the sustainable use and management of sport and recreation facilities.
You will have experience in the sport, recreation or leisure sector especially in the area of working with grass roots sporting clubs and their volunteer committees. You will be hands on, passionate and committed about getting people physically active and connected within the community. You will have the ability to plan and deliver capital works projects and programs to achieve the strategic vision. The position description (PD) outlines more detail.
Benefits of working at Colac Otway Shire
If you would like to know more about the benefits of working for Colac Otway Shire Council, please visit the Careers Website