At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About Boroondara Sports Complex
Boroondara Sports Complex is an important community facility and is just one of the leisure and aquatic facilities that make up the Boroondara Leisure and Aquatic Facilities (BLAF) that is managed by the YMCA Victoria in partnership with the City of Boroondara. The Boroondara Leisure and Aquatic Facilities provide the unique opportunity for staff to be exposed to the variety of facilities, programs and services within a vibrant workplace. YMCA Victoria is commited to provide the highest level of service too our visitiors and career development for our staff teams.
Key Elements of the Role
As a Duty Manager you will have delegated authority of the Centre Manager and senior management. As well as identifying potential risk factors and taking steps to reduce those risks, Duty Managers will act as positive role models in an effort to build strong people, strong families and strong communities within the facilities that we manage.
Duty Managers will maintain a broad knowledge of centre programs and services whilst at the same time managing the following functions whilst on shift; customer service, safety, staff rosters and breaks, plant operations, cash balancing, customer education and general maintenance and cleaning.
- Previous experience in a recreation industry
- Previous experience in a supervisory role is desired
- Multi-skilling and an ability to deal with a busy and demanding environment
- Excellent staff leadership, interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills
- Strong attention to detail
Pre-requisite Mandatory Qualifications
- SISSS00111 Pool Lifeguard
- HLTFA301B Apply first aid or equivalent
- HLTCPR201A Perform CPR or equivalent
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.