The Wyndham Basketball Association currently utilises the services of well over 200 Technical Officials (including referees, score bench, statisticians and referee coaches) from beginner to the elite level. The Technical Officials Development Officer (TDO) leads the coordination and development of all technical officials at the Wyndham Basketball Association. This position reports into the WBA General Manager, with a dotted line to the Technical Officials Commission – Werribee Branch (TOC-WB). The successful candidate is required to possess and provide experience in the sport of basketball as a technical official.
This is a permanent part time position for 12 hours per week (flexible work arrangements supported)
- Be the key point of contact for technical official development within the Wyndham Basketball Association, including referees, score bench, statisticians, and referee coaches;
- Work closely with the Technical Officials Commission (TOC) – Werribee Branch committee to identify courses required and establish yearly calendar of development activities & courses;
- Schedule, book and promote courses, formal education sessions and ongoing development initiatives as per calendar, and as required;
- Ensure all development initiatives have appropriate course content and are appropriately staffed with qualified technical official educators;
- Ensure appropriate paperwork is completed and submitted before and/or after each course to ensure qualifications and certifications are obtained/maintained, and recorded;
- Ensure WBA and league quotas/targets are met for numbers of referees, scorers, statisticians, graded referee coaches, domestic referee coaches and elite panel referees;
- Obtain feedback on training courses & information sessions to identify potential areas of improvement;
- Analyse and understand retention rates & diversity for technical officials, and work with TOC-WB to identify initiatives to increase retention and diversity;
- Ensure suitably qualified referees and technical officials are rostered for domestic games, VJBL games and Big V practice matches.
- Strong organisational skills - scheduling, coordinating, and documenting
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Understanding and experience in the sport of basketball
- Qualified basketball referee or technical official
- Working with Children Check
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings as required/directed
- Experience in the development and/or delivery of training courses
This is a permanent part time position for 12 hours per week (flexible work arrangements supported), to be worked between the hours of 10am and 6pm Monday to Friday.
Applications close Sunday 1st March 2020. *All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia*
Applications inclusive of a resume and cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org