The Club is looking to recruit a fully qualified Swimming Instructor available on Saturdays to join our Fitness Centre team to start in Term 1 2020 Swim School. There is a potential opportunity to pick up additional private swimming lessons for the successful candidate.
About The Royal Sydney Golf Club
The Royal Sydney Golf Club, founded in 1893, is one of Australia's most prominent social and sporting institutions. Our staff are professional, engaged and recognised for their skill and talent. We all work together to progress the Club and to uphold its traditions; we aim for excellence, to lead and support each other, and to enjoy the experience.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Fitness Centre Manager you will be required to work on Saturday mornings and other days as arranged. The position includes the delivery of both Swim School classes and private lessons.
Responsible for the professional conduct of swimming lessons/coaching sessions and water safety programs ensuring the provision of exceptionally high standard of programs.
Knowledge and ability to pre-plan and develop lesson structures. Conduct swimming lessons/coaching sessions to meet the defined needs of the students.
What does the club need from me?
- Austswim Teacher of Swimming & Water Safety or equivalent accreditation
- Swim Australia Teacher
- CPR/Resuscitation Certificate
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Effective communication skills with children and parents
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Flexible availability, including early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Have the ability to think on your feet & show initiative
- Austswim Teacher of Infant & Preschool Aquatics
- Austswim Teacher of Aquatics with People of Disabilities
- Austswim Teacher of Competitive Strokes
- Swim Australia Babies & Toddlers
What’s in it for me?
First and foremost you will work in a positive and supportive workplace that is set in great surrounds (against a sporting backdrop). You can expect a competitive wage, access to training, regular feedback and a range of benefits including staff meals, social functions, discounted purchases (wine, sporting goods etc.) and uniforms.