At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About Coburg Leisure Centre
The YMCA has been engaged by Moreland City Council to work together to deliver the vision of an Active Moreland for the entire Moreland community.
The YMCA's work in partnership with Council extends to all corners of Moreland however is based at the six Aquatic and Leisure Facilities in Brunswick City Baths, Coburg Leisure Centre, Coburg Outdoor Pool, Fawkner Leisure Centre, Pascoe Vale Outdoor Pool and Oak Park Aquatic Centre.
The main goal within Moreland is to create more opportunities for more people to be more active, more often, especially those who are least likely to participate in healthy and active lifestyles.
Key Elements of the Role
The Centre Manager will be highly visible within the centre and also within the local community, forming strong relationships and partnerships that add value to the business operations and ensure services meet the needs of our customer and communities.
The Centre Manager will be a key leader within the local community and provide leadership and the vision for the operation of the facility and playing a broader role within both the YMCA and Moreland City Council.
The Centre Manager will be a key leader within the local community and provide leadership and the vision for the operation of the facility and playing a broader role within both the YMCA and Council including:
- Directly oversee the Middle Management Group and will lead the performance outcomes of the entire centre
- Will be an efficient, well-organized, showing strong commitment to safety and business operations
- Will lead the team to be strong, positive and efficient
- Will be a strong leader of people and provide proactive approach to developing and upskilling the team
- Will be a decision maker and will be able to prioritise tasks utilizing good time management and organisation skills
- Will manage the financial outcomes and have a strong financial base for decision making
- Will have a management style that is aligned with the values and leadership behaviours of both YMCA and Council.
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Demonstrates YMCA Victoria values, Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility
- Creates a culture within the function where personal accountability is promoted to better influence
- Demonstrates leadership that inspires and motivates people across the function to perform to their best
- Creates a culture of continuous learning and development across the function
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in leading and developing large staff teams
- Experience in change management
- Strong in Business and Financial acumen
- Passionate about and experienced in leading and coaching teams
- Customer centric approach
Mandatory Pre-requisite Qualifications
- First Aid Level 2
- CPR Certificate
- Tertiary Qualification in Business Management, Fitness, Sport and Rec or equivalent
- Minimum three years relevant management experience
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.