Casual position, Local Government Band 3, $36.44/hr (inclusive of casual loading)
The Active Monash Leisure Centres are highly regarded throughout the Aquatic and Recreation Industry, attracting over 1.5 million attendances per annum. Active Monash fosters a culture of professionalism, innovation and positive engagement.
The City of Monash is a dynamic organisation committed to providing excellence in service delivery. Located in the eastern region, Monash is a cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city, close to the demographic centre of Melbourne.
The Pool Deck Supervisor provides guidance, support and training to the Learn to Swim staff, ensuring the team adheres to policy and procedures at all times.
By being a positive role model, the Pool Deck Supervisor will lead and motivate the Learn to Swim team to build strong and engaging relationships with our students and parents while creating a safe and friendly work environment. This role is also responsible for conducting level assessments and following up on customer queries.
This position is based across our three Active Monash leisure centres in Glen Waverley, Oakleigh and Clayton.
What you need:
- Experience in delivering swimming lessons to a vast range of levels & backgrounds
- Point of Sale, database management and Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experience in providing instructions & feedback to others
- Problem-solving and complaint resolution abilities
- Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety qualification or equivalent
- First Aid
- Working with Children Check
- Infant qualifications desirable but not necessary
- Ability to work a variety of daytime, night and weekend shifts
Please contact Helen Akers on (03) 9265 4813 if you would like to discuss this role further.
Applications are currently open, with a closing date of 28 January 2020 at 11:55pm.
Capability Statement - Pool Deck Supervisor.pdf
At city of Monash Council we value all children and young people. We are committed to being a child safe organisation and have zero tolerance to child abuse.
Council is also committed to flexible working arrangements and we embrace diversity and equity.