At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
The YMCA has been engaged by Moreland City Council to work together to deliver the vision of an Active Moreland for the entire Moreland community.
Coburg Leisure Centre is one of six Active Moreland sites with a strong membership base carrying over to the swimming lessons.
The centre consists of a heated 25-metre pool, learners & toddlers Pool, spa, & steam room, fully equipped gymnasium, group fitness room and crèche.
Key Elements of the Role
Coburg Leisure Centre is looking for dedicated swimming instructors to teach our learn to swim program during the week and on weekends.
Our swim school is growing fast with more school groups coming through and more children wanting to learn to swim. We need enthusiastic instructors to deliver a safe and educational swim program.
A variety of opportunities are available at Coburg leisure Centre for successful candidates.
The roles keys responsibilities will include
- Display interest, enthusiasm, patience, respect and innovation to parents, students and peers.
- Constructs and implements lesson plans that promote group teaching methods, combining stroke development with water safety.
- Structures and designs lessons with appropriate activities that enhance student interaction and collaboration
- Challenges and develops student's values and attitudes
- Is a role model who, demonstrates, and teaches positive values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and help out when required
- Enthusiastic, caring, engaging, fun personality
- Must be available to work weekends as well as other times throughout the week.
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant Aquatics (Desirable)
- Level 2 First Aid & CPR
- Working with Children Check
- Safeguarding Children and Young People on-line course (completed after selection prior to employment).
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- A national criminal history check;
- An international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- Holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.