At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
Kensington Community Recreation Centre welcomes members and visitors to use our range of facilities and services.
We run a wide range of group fitness classes each week, offer swimming lessons to people of all ages and abilities, and provide indoor sporting facilities for a range of sports.
We are conveniently located at the corner of Kensington Road and Altona Street in Kensington
Key Elements of the Role
We are looking for an experienced Pump instructor who lives a healthy lifestyle and has a passion to motivate our members by delivering high energy and fun classes in a safe manner by clearly demonstrating and communicating the exercise routines.
- Confidently and where appropriate interacts with others providing effective and respectful direction, feedback and support ?
- Understanding of the YMCA including other programs and functions at a centre level
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with a diverse range of customers in age, culture, fitness histories and other backgrounds
- Works as part of a team and shows professionalism and respect to all staff and customers
- Punctual in both attendance on shift and at staff meetings or training
- Demonstrate flexibility to a variety of shift times in an effort to share the workload
- Maintain high standards of presentation and personal grooming
- Displays a commitment to continued learning and professional development
- Displays understanding & respect to those of different talents, abilities and faith
Mandatory Pre-requisite Qualifications
- Certificate III in Fitness
- Current registration with Fitness Australia
- Les Mills Pump Accreditation/Qualification
- HLTFA301B Apply First Aid or equivalent
- HLTCPR201A Perform CPR or equivalent
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- A national criminal history check;
- An international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- Holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.