At the National Rugby League (NRL) we’re very proud of our game and the impact it has on players, fans, volunteers, communities and all involved.
We’re a diverse group of people who use the power of sport to drive positive social change in communities. Our programs help raise awareness to many issues, including mental health, gender equality and indigenous affairs.
To us, it’s much more than a game of footy.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Learning & Development Specialist to join our People & Culture team in Rugby League Central. The Learning & Development Specialist will lead the development, implementation and review of learning programs and initiatives to enhance the performance of the individual & our teams, across the general business. Critical to the success of this role will be the ability to:
- Design, develop, manage and deliver key training initiatives based on organisational needs and strategic priorities.
- Identify critical, recurring, relevant problems and issues that impact performance and design solutions for improvement.
- End-to-end accountability for the capability development needs of business units from scoping to evaluation.
The right candidate for this role will be self-motivated, energetic and enthusiastic about Rugby League. You will be passionate about making a positive difference to people's lives. This person will represent and share the NRL’s beliefs that we are United, Positive, Inclusive and Disciplined.
At the NRL, we don’t look for you to fit into our culture, we look for you to add to it. Diversity of ideas and experience is what allows us to continually evolve and innovate. We encourage all of our employees to bring their true self to work each day.
For this position, you will have all or some of the following:
- 3-4 years’ experience as a Learning & Development facilitator or manager
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (desired)
- Exceptional communication & stakeholder management
- Experience designing, implementing and facilitating training programs
- Experience in Child Safety (desired)
- Experience in creating an L&D framework
- Influencing and negotiation skills
Whilst we look for qualifications and experience, we also look for people who share the same beliefs as our organisation. Should you meet most of the criteria and share our beliefs, we would love to hear from you. The NRL is a fast-moving organisation that has plenty to deliver so we may not always wait until an advert expires before reviewing applications. As a result, we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible as we don’t operate on closing dates.