- Manage the daily operations of a leading aquatic centre
- Attractive salary + penalty rates + great conditions
- Permanent full-time position
The Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre is one of Sydney's leading aquatic centres operating a 50 metre Competition pool, Leisure/wave and Toddlers, Spa and Program pool and an indoor sports stadium.
About the Role
As a Duty Manager, you will be part of a committed, experienced, professional team and have responsibility for overseeing the day to day operations of the Centre. Using your blend of team leadership, customer service and technical skills you will ensure patrons receive outstanding levels of customer service and enjoy a safe aquatic centre environment.
You will work on a set 4 days on and 3 days off roster, with actual shift times as follows:
- Wednesday - 12:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Thursday - 12:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Friday - 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Saturday - 10:00 am - 6:30 pm
To be considered for this position you will require:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Proven leadership experience with ability to organise and direct the work of operational staff
- A sound knowledge of plant room equipment and processes
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to educate and instruct patrons regarding appropriate behaviour in a swimming pool environment.
- High level dispute resolution skills
- Australian issued Swimming Pool Operations Certificate together with Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- and Apply First Aid Certificate
- Valid NSW issued Working With Children check certificate.
Your commencing salary will be up to $62,878 p.a. + superannuation + penalty rates payable for Saturday work. The City of Ryde provides a family friendly and team centered work environment and supports on-going training and career development. If you would like to join one of Sydney’s most successful aquatic centres, apply now and take the next step in building your management career in the leisure industry.
If more information is required, please contact Andrew Sallaway on (02) 8878 5111 for a confidential discussion or see the Position Description.
Closing Date: Wednesday 5th February 2020 at 11:30 pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer