Athletics SA is the peak State Sporting Organisation responsible for the administration, governance and development of athletics including recreational and elite pathways in track and field, cross country running, race walking and road running in South Australia.
Athletics SA and its sub-brand Running SA administers a large range of services for members and non-members, including development programs and the provision of upwards of 50 events annually ranging from local track and field competitions, to fun runs, to regular national and (in some cases) international events.
ASA wish to appoint an Events Coordinator who will assist with the planning, successful delivery, and subsequent post event evaluation of ASA’s suite of events. The Events Coordinator will report directly to the Events Manager. The Event Coordinator will take responsibility for selected events through Athletics SA’s Summer and Winter seasons. They will also play a supporting role in ensuring an inclusive and enjoyable customer experience for all and look to continually improve the delivery and overall consumer experience of Athletics SA’s core product offerings, including those delivered through its sub-brand, Running SA.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as Competition Director for Athletics SA events where the Events Manager isn’t present
- Assist the Events Manager with event organisational tasks such as timetabling, staff and officials allocations and preparing event documentation as required
- Assist with event presentation for competitions, including the provision of commentary and music as appropriate
- Work with the Membership and Administration Officer to create online registrations forms
- Regular work outside of normal office hours, including weekends will be required
- This is a casual position for approximately 15 hours per week
- A current driver’s licence is essential
- Employees are required to undertake a Working with Children Check