- Thrive on challenge, excel in times of change?
- Join a Sydney based professional Rugby League organisation in a key organisational support role. Must enjoy a challenge.
Why not combine your career in administration and organisation with your passion for Sport and Rugby League?
In this 12-month maternity leave cover contract role you will have the opportunity to make a genuine impact in a professional sports organisation. You will be focusing on:
- Working closely and providing support for the GM - Football and Football Operations team
- All aspects of the electronic calendars for Players keeping them informed of changes and resolving any diary clashes
- Organising all travel arrangements
- Key responsibility for player contracts and administration process
- Organising meetings and functions at external locations
- Acting as the central point of contact and liaising with players / partners resolving requests and questions
- Exercising absolute discretion at all times with a high level of integrity around confidential information
- Interacting with Wests Tigers internal departments (e.g. Commercial / Community)
Reporting to the General Manager of Football this role is critical for the smooth operation of the team. This is challenging and hands on with lots of variety. The successful candidate will thrive in situations where managing competing deadlines is an everyday occurrence.
The role demands an experienced administrator with a keen eye for detail possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will need to be able to interact with people at all levels both internally and externally. We’re looking for a very specialised person who possesses unlimited confidentiality and excellent personal judgement.
You will need to have extensive experience with a proven track record of managing all the various aspects that form part of an executive level administration role. This includes attendance at all Wests Tigers Sydney based NRL games and key events which all occur outside of traditional business hours.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience as an Assistant in a professional sporting organisation or similar role or commensurate experience in other areas.
- Possess exceptional discretion, interpersonal skills, professionalism and strong communication skills;
- Exceptional planning, organisational & time management skills;
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
- High demonstrable ability across all Microsoft Office and computer literacy;
- Flexibility in working hours, including abnormal hours and weekends; and
- Ideally relevant tertiary qualifications.
POSITION CLOSES THURSDAY FEBRUARY 6TH
Wests Tigers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a smoke free workplace. Only applicants with full rights to work in Australia will be considered.
We value the support and involvement of our local Aboriginal community. People of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.