The Membership Services Coordinator role is responsible for delivering frontline service to Clubs and Class Associations through a well-developed knowledge of the online platform used by Australian Sailing. By developing a detailed understanding of our online platform, this person will be the main point of contact (via email & phone) for any support queries relating to the platform. Full training on the revSPORT system will be provided along with ongoing support from the revolutioniseSPORT development team. An ability to identify areas for improvement where value can be created for stakeholders, along with the proficiency to promote the use of our online platform is essential.
Primary responsibilities of the role include providing Clubs, Centres, Class Associations and Club Services Officers with the skills, education and support required to utilise our online platform. You will need to be confident delivering training one-on-one through to group sessions and running online webinars.
Some interstate travel will be involved, whilst the majority of time will be based in the Sydney office, providing technical support by email and phone.
You will be also required to check data integrity and provide reports and statistics when required.
The Australian Sailing online platform includes:
- Membership registration and renewal
- Qualification attainment and management
- Provision of websites
- Reporting & communications
- Event and course set up and registration
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with membership systems
- Experience using content management systems
- Experience working with member-based sporting organisations
- Relevant customer service experience
- Competency with computers including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- An ability to efficiently learn new online systems and implement change
- Knowledge of the revolutioniseSPORT platform would be an advantage
- Personal and professional values aligned with the values of respect, integrity, teamwork and excellence
- Excellent communication and the confidence to speak with people over the phone and online
- Comfortable with presenting to small/medium size audiences
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
Service and Support
- Training and support of Club Services Officers and Regional Managers on the use and promotion of online systems.
- Training and support of Clubs/Centres and Class Associations on the use and promotion of online systems.
- Respond to enquiries relating to the use of Australian Sailing online systems in a timely and professional manner with the appropriate level of support.
- Consulting with Clubs/Class Associations to provide solutions via online systems.
System Development and Promotion
- Working with stakeholders to identify platform enhancements.
- Analyse system use and develop strategies and plans to promote best practice.
- Create effective communication material to support the use and promotion of online systems.
- Actively seeking to find new channels to communicate to and educate users on all aspects of the online platform.
- Liaise with Club Services Officers to ensure key club contacts are current and membership databases contain current member data.
- Update member details and qualifications as required to maintain data integrity.
- Perform general administration tasks relating to member services as required.
Within Australian Sailing:
- Online Services Manager
- Education and Training Department
- Marketing and Communications Department
- Regional Managers
- Club Services Officers
- RevolutioniseSport support staff (system provider)
- Sailing Club/Class Association administrators
- Sailing Club/Class Association members