The Finance team, within Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness, is responsible for the overall management of the financial matters, including related administrative and legislative compliance.
While reporting to the Finance Manager and Chief Executive Officer, the Assistant Finance Manager is responsible for the underlying integrity of the financial reporting system and will ‘champion’ the implementation of the new reporting system on FY2020.
As consequence, the core responsibilities of the Finance Assistant Manager include supervision of following functions:
- Accounts Payable;
- Accounts Receivable;
- Cash at Bank;
- POS reconciliation; and
The role provides transactional support to the overall organisation of SUSF, ensuring compliance with all relevant policies and procedures, while supporting continuous improvement of underlying processes hence ensuring effective, efficient and timely financial reporting.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. General Ledger Accounts
- Ensure that all monies received by Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness including constituent clubs are properly accounted for and recorded in the accounts of Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness through the accurate and timely processing in the Accounting System as per the Accounting and Finance Policy and Procedures;
- Ensure clearing accounts for POS and other miscellaneous receipts are working effectively;
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts to ensure validity and accuracy;
- Review cash activities within Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness, ensuring appropriate internal financial controls exist and where identified, implement initiatives for improvement;
- Overseeing the reconciliation of the General Bank Account daily / weekly basis, ensuring correct general ledger account allocation of transaction items; and
- Assist with financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting.
- Review and streamline (if possible) the bank reconciliation and POS transaction process;
- Facilitate the investigation and timely resolution of variances;
- Ensure cash handling procedures are being followed by the operational staff; and
- Ensure that all receipts are banked in a timely manner.
3. Accounts Payable
- Oversee the day-to-day processing of accounts payable transactions, ensuring completeness of position and payments are made on a timely basis;
- Maintain excellent supplier relationships; and
- Oversee cut-off process at month end.
4. Accounts Receivable
- Review and understand the process underlying the recording of debtor invoices;
- Ensure that all cash received is recorded against customers on a timely basis;
- Review aged debtor reports on a weekly basis; and
- Oversee the month end cut-off process.
5. IT System Upgrade
- In concert with Finance Manager, assess initial system requirements;
- Project manage the roll-out of the new IT program;
- Provide administration assistance to the Finance Manager, as needed.
- Ensure timely and accurate USYD SSAF invoicing, accounting and reporting.
- Maintain Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness Fixed Asset register.
- Coordinate and monitor annual stock take of all Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness inventory as well as regular reporting of stock movements and transactions in relation to stock.
Key Result Areas
- Timely and accurate financial transactions.
- Manage deadlines.
- Accuracy and competency of work.
- Work with stakeholders and managers.