- Be part of a progressive dynamic team and help to increase sports participation opportunities for women & girls in our community
- Temporary part-time position, flexible hours (approx. 25 - 34 hrs per week), Werribee-based
- Salary from $72,984.38 pro rata plus super
We are Wyndham, one of Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse cities.
Our people are hard at work designing the precincts, building the infrastructure, developing the policies and delivering the programs that will ensure the City is prepared to welcome over 200,000 new residents by 2040.
Shape new possibilities. Be part of something more.
A bit about the role
This is an exciting opportunity where you will take an active role in collaborating and building positive relationships with sports clubs, associations and community groups to deliver positive outcomes through the Gender Equality in Wyndham Sport Project.
You will help to empower key stakeholders to create innovative, inclusive sport experiences that reflect what women and girls in the Wyndham community want. You will support key influencers like club members, parents and coaches to facilitate an increase in women and girls’ representation and participation in sport.
We are looking for a self-driven and innovative individual who is passionate about community, sports and inclusion. In this role you will be fully supported by a collaborative, proactive leadership team. This is a flexible role, from time to time you will be required to work outside of normal working hours, for example attendance at club committee and community meetings.
What you’ll deliver
- Engage Wyndham sports clubs to support the creation of women and girl’s inclusion action plans.
- Provide ongoing support for all clubs, associations and community groups including how to best utilise the Club Development Resources.
- Assist in the delivery of networking meetings and events.
- Provide educational opportunities to Council Sport and Recreation staff.
- Establishment of positive relationships with all stakeholders.
What you’ll bring
- A friendly positive disposition with a demonstrated passion for sports, community and inclusion.
- Innovative future focused thinking with the ability to take ownership of your role whilst always striving for continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of sport and recreation operations, project work and community engagement. Experience in health promotion/ inclusive sporting programmes/ women and girl’s participation would be advantageous.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with a focus on creating positive outcomes for all stakeholders.
- Administrative skills: report writing, project planning, computer applications, organising meetings & events.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) skills to engage with a broad range of stakeholders including volunteers, co-workers, members of the community.
Be part of something more
Take a look at our job opportunities and you may be surprised at what you discover: a future-focused culture, a sense of purpose and possibility, and real opportunities to strengthen our diverse community. It all adds up to make Wyndham City a great place to belong.
Our people are our most valued asset. We are focused on building a culture that empowers every person to do their best work. Flexibility is built right into our DNA and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce. Ask us how this role can be worked.
So, are you ready to shape new possibilities?
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the link below and sending us a cover letter and your resume. We do not require any selection criteria to be addressed.
To find out more about the role, please contact James Robortella, Inclusion & Participation Officer on Contact 03 9742 0840 or Emma Lawne, Talent Acquisition Partner on 03 9742 0880.
Applications will be accepted until 11.59pm on Sunday 26 January 2020.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply for our job opportunities. Our commitment is to provide safe and inclusive environments where everyone can grow and succeed.