At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
The YMCA has been engaged by Moreland City Council to work together to deliver the vision of an Active Moreland for the entire Moreland community.
Fawkner Leisure Centre is one of six Active Moreland sites with a strong membership base carrying over to the swimming lessons. The Centre consists of a heated 25 meter indoor pool, heated 50 meter, 20 meter and toddler outdoor Pools, spa, sauna, fully equipped gym, group fitness rooms and crèche.
Key Elements of the Role
We are seeking skillful, effective and proficient Swimming Teachers to join our fantastic team at Fawkner Leisure Centre. We are committed to the ongoing professional development and growth of our Aquatics Team.
We encourage and support opportunities for further training and obtaining additional qualifications through recognized providers in the industry. There are many opportunities for progression within the Aquatics Department, Fawkner Leisure Centre and facilities within Active Moreland.
The suitable candidate would preferably need to be available weekdays and weekends for our swimming program, which includes teaching swimming and water safety from infant levels all the way up to adult classes. A range of shifts are available to the suitable candidate with lessons running throughout the week and on weekends.
Here at Fawkner Leisure Centre we are looking for teachers with extensive experience in Aquatic Education and Water Safety. The successful applicant will also be:
- Friendly, positive, approachable and helpful,
- Strong and valuable team player
- Up to date knowledge of swimming techniques and practices
- Efficient customer service, friendly mannerism, punctual and committed to shifts.
- Available to work flexible hours including evening and weekends.
- All applicants will undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment
The successful applicant will also need to be subject to a National Criminal Police Check before commencement of their position.
- Austswim Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- Working With Childrens Check
- Senior First Aid
- Austswim Teacher of Access and Inclusion
- Austswim Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics
- Austswim Teacher Towards Competitive Strokes
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- A national criminal history check;
- An international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- Holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.