At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
The YMCA has been engaged by Moreland City Council to work together to deliver the vision of an Active Moreland for the entire Moreland community.
The YMCA's work in partnership with Council extends to all corners of Moreland however is based at the six Aquatic and Leisure Facilities in Brunswick City Baths, Coburg Leisure Centre, Coburg Outdoor Pool, Fawkner Leisure Centre, Pascoe Vale Outdoor Pool and Oak Park Sports and Aquatic Centre.
The main goal within Moreland is to create more opportunities for more people to be more active, more often. In particular those community members who are least likely to participate in healthy and active lifestyles.
Key Elements of the Role
The Customer Service Officer is the face of the organisation and as such, it is critical that Customer Service staff is passionate about service delivery with the customer experience at the forefront of all interactions and displays a commitment and belief in the mission of the YMCA. In addition to providing all customers with the highest possible level of service, Customer Service staff will be inclusive and tolerant and will at all times recognise and respect an individual’s gender, race, age, culture, ethnicity, class, religion or disability. Staff must be available to work a variety of shifts including weekends.
The Customer Service Officer will:
- Provide a high standard of customer service for all customers. This includes an exceptional customer service experience via the phone, email or in person.
- Promotion of programs and services available.
- Provide customers with sales solutions when enquiring about memberships and programs.
- Knowledge to administrate a membership / program when a person joins, renews, amends or cancels.
- Handle customer complaints in an effective manner and according to YMCA procedures.
- Immediately responds to customers' needs to ensure the quality of service meets agreed standards.
- Follow up customers and members as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Work as a team member to provide the very best customer service.
- Provide the highest level of service to our customers, with a smile.
- Support customer enquiries.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- A national criminal history check;
- An international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- Holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance / equivalent in accordance with state / territory laws;
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.