Paralympics Australia (PA) supports and enhances all Australian Para-athletes who aspire to be Paralympians and in doing so inform and inspire all Australians.
The Para-Performance Pathway Manager is a newly created role to assist develop strategies and programs for emerging para athletes to achieve future medal winning performances. Working closely with key stakeholders including AIS, NSOs, NINs and PA staff, these programs will include talent identification, profiling methods and availability of suitable support services, including coaching. The role has flexibility to be based at our Sydney or Melbourne offices and is a fixed term contract until December 2021.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing Paralympics Australia’s Performance Pathway strategies
- Developing and maintain valid and reliable talent identification methods and profiling methods with consideration to impairment, classification, sporting histories and success profiles
- Provide strategic input, oversight and operational support to NSO Performance Pathways roles to maximise performance opportunities for emerging athletes
- Support capability building initiatives which target increasing the breadth and quality of coaches and support staff
- Develop Para Performance Pathway operational plans that prioritises the yearly objectives and align to the strategy
- Work closely with the Australian Institute of Sport and other sports and key stakeholders to capture and utilise best and/or next practice
To be successful in this role, you will have a strong understanding of the Australian sport system, mainstreaming and Para Sport Pathways as well as talent identification and talent transfer. We are looking for someone who can foster positive relationships with key stakeholders and who holds a Degree in Sports Management or other related discipline.
Paralympics Australia provide a safe, fair and welcoming environment, valuing diversity and inclusion and we encourage anyone who holds the relevant skills and experience to apply for our roles.
It is a great time to join and contribute to an outstanding Australian sporting organization with an exemplary record of success on the world stage.