Rugby Australia is looking to recruit someone who is passionate about sport and data for the position of Tableau Data Analyst to join the Analytics Program in Sydney. The successful candidate will be instrumental in driving a data-informed culture throughout Rugby in Australia.
Reporting to the Head of Analytics, you will be responsible for the leadership of the Tableau ecosystem at Rugby Australia. In this role, you will work in partnership with various internal and external business units to understand requirements, build engaging dashboards, train users in the benefits of interacting with datasets and to ultimately foster a data-informed community.
Applicants should have extensive experience in collecting, preparing, analysing and presenting data, preferably in a sport environment. Applicants must prove an advanced knowledge of Tableau products.
Potential candidates should have a high level of professionalism, a drive to continuously develop themselves together with those around them and thrive within a hard-working, progressive and motivated environment.
Successful candidates will demonstrate proactiveness, flexibility, and confidence in their delivery of analysis, will have the ability to communicate concisely, assertively and effectively with various professional disciplines and at all levels of an organisation in order to provoke thought, with the ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Administer Rugby Australia’s Tableau Online portal which services multiple organisations in the Australian Rugby landscape
- Work with business units to collect requirements on what data is collected, how it is currently reported, and how current workflows can be improved
- Work with Technology team to ensure data is flowing correctly through our various source systems into Rugby Australia’s data warehouse
- Design, develop, publish and maintain quality Tableau visualisations and dashboards as per requirements to facilitate easy access to actionable insight
- Proactively drive a data driven community, with ability to engage and train stakeholders in the benefits of sound data management principles and the advantages of connecting and interacting with datasets using Tableau Desktop