Things we'll trust you with
- You'll coordinate all operational aspects of the Mt Warren Parks Sports Centre, including contributing to the efficient delivery of functions & events through;
- Allocating casual & agency staff in as cost effective manner;
- Where needed, providing quotes for technical, hospitality, traffic management, security and other services.
- Liaise with other teams across council, such as Information Services, for events related support.
- You'll coordinate the repair and maintenance of all operational assets & equipment, including processing work maintenance requests.
Things you'll be proud of
- You'll work closely with the community, helping to deliver noteworthy, recognizable events to local sporting and community groups.
- You'll get the chance to have input into the development of community events, programs and initiatives to increase the profile and success of the sports centre.
- There will be opportunities to share your knowledge for upcoming marketing plans for the venues and programs in conjunction with the Promotions and Campaigns Coordinator.
- You'll provide leadership and act as a mentor for an effective venue operations team that you'll have significant input into the recruitment & management of.
- 9 day fortnight as standard with a flexible and supportive environment
- $81k to $92k + super
- Possibility of accessing a lease back council vehicle as part of the role
- Salary Packaging & Additional Super Contribution Options
- Free on-site parking
- Leadership position
The boxes you'll tick
- Strong experience in the management of all operational aspects of a multi-sport centre, convention, aquatic facility or similar is essential, as well as the proven ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Tertiary qualifications not mandatory, but highly regarded include; Leisure Management, Sports Administration, Venue or Events Management.
- Demonstrated ability in event project management including budgeting, monitoring, reporting and delivery.
- You can quickly develop trust based relationships with your stakeholders, as well as with your team; acting as a leader & mentor and promoting a cohesive team environment.
- Our values resonate with you - community first, our people, excellence, leadership and integrity
So what are you waiting for….apply now before the role closes on Sunday, 15th December 2019.
Need a little more convincing? Take a look at the attached position description or if you'd like some more information about the role give our hiring manager, Peter Willis (Leisure Centres Program Leader) a call on (07) 3412 5944.
Council's Logan Entertainment Centre & Community Venues Program provides one of the most recognizable, enjoyable, and talked about programs in the community; offering entertainment, arts, civic & corporate events both to the visitors of the region, and our valued locals. This is a dedicated program, with passionate staff, technical experts, and inspirational leaders - and we're looking for another to come on as our Venue Coordinator at the Mt Warren Park Sports Complex.