Volleyball Victoria Inc is seeking an experienced team player with a sound knowledge of sport development to lead the sport in Victoria
Reporting to the General Manager and located at the State Volleyball Centre @ Dandenong Stadium, your role within a team environment will be to apply your knowledge of community development in the sport environment and organisational skills to coordinate and support junior entry programs, affiliate development, and education & training for coaches and officials.
This varied and challenging role will have responsibility for:
- Managing the regional association development officer initiative
- Developing, coordinating, and implementing junior development programs, including Spikezone and Sporting Schools
- Identifying, supporting, and coordinating relevant coach and official education and training, including gaining and maintaining accreditation
- Managing the Volleyball Victoria Social competitions
- Assisting in the development and delivery of participation programs (eg CALD, Access for All Abilities, etc)
- Managing the financial and physical resources of sport development, including casual staff
The successful candidate will be required to immediately commence with a focus on the regional association development officer initiative.
This is a great opportunity for an individual with a focus on sport development and a desire to contribute to the growth of volleyball in Victoria, positively impacting people’s wellbeing, health, and fitness. Previous experience in volleyball would be an advantage.
Volleyball Victoria Inc (Volleyball Victoria) has approximately 6,000 individual members and 40 affiliate Associations, Clubs, and Academies across the State. Volleyball Victoria works directly, and with stakeholders in the community, to develop, grow, and deliver volleyball to all ages and abilities.