Why work anywhere else!
With aspirations of Innovation, Trust and Empowerment driving everything we do at Yarra Ranges Council, we inspire people to create a better future through:
- Stronger collaboration across teams
- Continuously looking for better ways to deliver
- Encouraging our people to be courageous, authentic and accountable
- Improving outcomes for our community
Why our team needs you
Our Recreation, Projects and Parks department is currently looking for a Project Manager to join their Recreation and Active Living unit. This role will lead and manage the development of strategic places and programs, feasibility studies, precinct and master planning for recreational reserves and open spaces, and drive the active living aspirations of the Council, through participation and inclusion.
A predominant component of this role will be supporting the broader team in the planning of future stages of the Warburton Mountain Bike Destination and Yarra Valley Trail projects; two catalytic trails projects aiming to create a world-class mountain bike and trails destination that delivers a cultured and inspiring experience that immerses you in the natural beauty of the Yarra Valley on the doorstep of the world’s most liveable city.
The Recreation and Active Living team are accountable, responsive and strategic; our purpose is to activate people and place.
- Salary from $97,213 per annum (Band 7), plus superannuation
- Temporary Full Time (2-year contract)
- Monthly RDO available
What you’ll bring to our team
- Qualifications in strategic recreation, landscape architecture, project management, urban design or a related discipline.
- Passion and a strong commitment to engagement and consultation with the community and passive and active recreation groups, in delivering recreation and active living outcomes.
- Skills in creative and innovative problem solving, community engagement and relationship building across a broad range of internal and external groups.
Why you’ll want to join us
As part of creating a workplace that supports and enables collaboration, our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Flexible working hours
- Rostered days off
- Free onsite car parking
- Close to public transport
- Access to professional and career development opportunities