The IRONMAN Group develop, own and manage mass participation sporting events and is the world’s largest running, triathlon and mountain biking events company.
Our diverse portfolio of events across a range of endurance categories, targeting over 180,000 athletes annually across 27 events.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager - IRONMAN & 70,3, the Marketing Communications Coordinator - IRONMAN & 70.3 is responsible for assisting with all marketing activity that delivers the participant numbers for their portfolio of Oceania events via a customer-centric communications strategy that builds a highly engaged and loyal customer base, and helps develop world-class event brands.
This is a rare opportunity to work in the sports marketing industry, and for the right person, there are fantastic learning and travel opportunities.
The role requires someone with 2 years of marketing experience and a strong understanding of digital, social media and email marketing.
Key roles and responsibilities for the Marketing Coordinator, IRONMAN & 70.3:
- Assist with developing and executing a great content-led marketing strategy
- Assist with developing customer communications across all marketing channels that are on-brand
- Supports the Marketing Manager in delivering the CRM strategy for their portfolio of events, including the development of content that’s on brand and drives engagement.
- Assists the marketing lead on the ground at events. Specifically in the implementation of a social media content plan and management of photography and videography assets.
- Inputs into product development that drives innovations, improves the athlete experience, customer loyalty, athlete counts and athlete satisfaction survey results.
Skills & Experience Required
- Tertiary Marketing qualifications, with a minimum of two years’ marketing experience
- Experience in a marketing role with demonstrated digital and social marketing communications including email marketing
- High level of communications skills, both formal and informal.
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail
- Energetic, personable and able to work cooperatively with other team members
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure and within required deadlines
- An interest in sports (experience in participating in sports events would be advantageous)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Adaptable to changing and fast-paced work conditions
- Results-driven, performance focus