Job No: BC1431
Location: Blacktown, NSW
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 48 residential suburbs, and population of 370,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the development of the Western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 550,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing Councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
About the opportunity
Key Venues consists of 10 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope was awarded the best in the “Fitness Services” category of the 2017 Blacktown Local Business Awards. The health and fitness centre includes brand new cardio equipment, strength equipment, aqua, cycle and fitness classes as well as a squash court.
We are looking for passionate and experienced people to join the team at Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope as Lifestyle Advisors.
The role includes:
- Implementing the sales and membership services programs, activities, and competitions to attract maximum usage of facilities
- Successfully provide professional and accurate information to customers and potential customers on the benefits of membership
- Facilitating quality customer service through a competent, committed and confident approach to the tasks at hand.
If you have sales experience, and have a positive and energetic personality, then this is the role for you!
Qualifications and experience
- Experience in a sales program within a similar environment
- Experience in the development and implementation of sales, membership services, members events and loyalty programs
- Experience in computers and database management
- Experience working both within a team environment and as a ‘self-starter’.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- An hourly rate of $25.7974 (Grade 3, Level 1) applies plus 25% casual loading
- Trainee rates apply for applicants under 19 years of age
- Casual working hours
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Best of luck.