Netball Australia is offering an exciting new opportunity leading athlete wellbeing. Following recommendations from an Australian Institute of Sport review, this role will focus on developing and implementing a wellbeing strategy over the next 12 – 18 months.
Come and join a great team at Netball Australia at our Head Office in Fitzroy. Netball Australia is entering its next phase of growth after a busy and successful year on and off the court. Netball Australia remains steadfast in its evolving purpose to empower girls and women to shine while enriching and connecting communities.
This ongoing role is dedicated to improving the support, wellbeing and mental health for current and former high-performance athletes.
In this role, you will have responsibility for leading the framework and its availability to Suncorp Super Netball, Diamonds and national pathway athletes.
This role will partner with the AIS Wellbeing and Engagement team, and work closely with Netball Australia’s Member Organisations, Suncorp Super Netball clubs, Australian Netball Players Association, Australian Institute of Sport, athletes, performance support staff and contractors.
We are seeking someone with at least 5 years’ experience in developing wellbeing strategies and implementing programs in a national context. Bring your passion for netball and highperformance sport along with your knowledge and skills of development and delivery of wellbeing programs for elite athletes.
Position Specification: National Wellbeing Manager
- Reports to: EGM Performance
- Key Relationships: Australian Netball Players Association (ANPA), Head of Performance and Pathway, NA Chief Medical Officer, Head of People and Performance, Wellbeing Advisory Panel
- Supervises: N/A
- Internal: All Netball Australia employees and contractors
- External: ANPA, Member Organisations, Suncorp Super Netball (SSN) Clubs, AIS/SIS/SAS Network, Athletes, and Performance Support Staff/Contractors
Position Profile and Primary Objectives
- The National Wellbeing Manager is responsible for leading and supporting an aligned national system of wellbeing practitioners to meet the wellbeing needs of elite athletes in the Diamonds environment, in Suncorp Super Netball, as well as athletes in the Netball Australia elite pathway. With a strong focus on stakeholder management, the role will work in collaboration with ANPA, the Chief Medical Officer and Head of People and Performance to oversee the further development and implementation of the existing NA wellbeing framework and policies.
Position Capabilities - The position incumbent will possess a high level of:
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a team to achieve the organisation’s objectives
- Ability to inspire, empower, influence and enable others
- Interpersonal, engagement and communication capabilities
- Political acumen, initiative and pro-active problem solving
- Flexibility, adaptability, and resilience
- A desire to learn and be innovative
Position Location: The position will be based at the Netball Australia office 191 Johnson St Fitzroy. The role will require travel interstate.
Salary / Tenure / Hours
- Grade 3 – Full time; 38 hours per week with the requirement to work additional hours as required to meet organisational and operational requirements.
- Salary to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Key Result Areas
Please refer to the attached Position Description.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated alignment with Netball Australia values.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the development and delivery of wellbeing services for elite athletes.
- Demonstrated understanding case management or triage processes to ensure appropriate care and referral. •
- Demonstrated experience to develop, plan and deliver athlete individualised strategies and activities to address the identified wellbeing, career, personal and professional development needs of Diamonds athletes.
- Contemporary knowledge of issues impacting mental health and wellbeing and experience with implementing best practice support.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a related field of employment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills and proven ability to work with a complex and diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to set priorities, plan work programs, meet deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Experience in working independently and as an integral part of a team.
- Excellent computing skills.
Netball holds a unique position in the Australian sporting landscape. It is a sport with significant and long held participation rates that are the envy of many other Australian sports. It is widely held to be the women’s sport in Australia. In fact, eight out of ten Australian families have had some involvement with netball; either through playing, volunteering, coaching or assisting in the administration of the sport.
Netball Australia is the national body for Netball in Australia.
Our vision is that every Australian values their connection with Netball.