At Melbourne Girls Grammar, we believe that an exceptional education for life provides not only academic skills and attributes, but also emotional and physical wellbeing. Our sustained focus is therefore on making girls’ wellbeing central to the school experience.
Our new world-class Artemis Centre boasts modern facilities including a 25m swimming pool, multi-purpose court, Fitness Hub with gym equipment, dance and yoga studio, outdoor seating amphitheatre, Learning Commons and café with indoor/outdoor meeting spaces. Artemis enables us to provide programs including Artemis Gymnastics, Artemis Aquatics as well as Artemis Holiday Clinics and other resources that underpin our proactive approach to student wellbeing.
Visit the Artemis Centre website to read more about our state of the art facilities.
Melbourne Girls Grammar is seeking a friendly, passionate and effective Swim School Coordinator to lead the day-to-day operations of the Artemis Learn to Swim (LTS) School and contribute to the growth and development of the LTS program. This is a new role, working closely with the Aquatics Program Manager on a casual basis (Wednesday – Saturday, approximately 20 hours per week).
Artemis Aquatics was founded in 2017 to inspire our community to become the swimmer they want to be by providing high quality coaching and learning experiences in water safety, skill development and athletic development. We are committed to providing an enjoyable, safe and healthy environment in which our swimmers can develop their skills and self-confidence for a lifelong affinity with the water, delivering classes and squad programs to suit a range of ages and abilities to cater for personal growth and development within a clear and progressive pathway.
The Swim School Coordinator will be organised, collaborative and keen to build strong relationships with swimmers, teachers, coaches and the wider swimming community. They will have demonstrated experience working closely with and supporting the development of LTS Teachers and Swimming Coaches, as well as administrative strength.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- LTS Teacher and Coach recruitment;
- Leadership, mentoring and development of the LTS Teachers;
- Scheduling, rostering and program planning and administration (including reviewing and benchmarking the program with the aim of continuous improvement);
- Tracking and monitoring participants to ensure positive skill and physical development;
- Overseeing pool deck and related facility maintenance;
- Fostering a positive and fun environment in the pool environment for participants, teachers and carers.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Dynamic, caring, friendly and enthusiastic leadership skills;
- Strong administration skills - efficient, effective and proactive;
- Strong safety, risk and compliance mindset;
- Extremely well-developed communication and inter-personal skills;
- Up to date knowledge of current trends and professional practices in teaching swimming, as coaching principles and methodology.
- Current AUSTSWIM Teacher of Towards Competitive Strokes (TCM) or Swim Australia Teacher of Competitive Swimming (SAT CS);
- Minimum 5 years’ experience teaching Learn to Swim;
- Proven experience in managing a Learn to Swim program;
- Current First Aid (HLTAID003) and Provide CPR (HLTAID001) certification;
- Current Victorian Employee Working with Children Check;
- Current Pool Lifeguard certification (SISSS00111);
- Current ASCTA Member.
Please view the Position Description for further details about this role.
Employment with Melbourne Girls Grammar is subject to school policies including the Child Safety Policy, Child Safety Code of Conduct and Child Safety Statement as listed below.
Child Safety Statement: Melbourne Girls Grammar
- has zero tolerance for child abuse
- actively works to listen to and empower children
- has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and responds to them consistently in line with the organisation's policies and procedures
- is committed to promoting physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- is committed to providing a safe environment for all children