At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
Casey Stadium has recently seen the second stage of a $25 million redevelopment completed, which sees the facility boast five indoor cricket courts and a dedicated gymnastics hall. The five indoor cricket courts are considered some of the best in Australia and recently saw the facility host the 2019 Indoor Cricket National Championships.
Located in Cranbourne East, stage one of the Casey Stadium redevelopment was completed in 2017. In addition to indoor cricket and gymnastics, the Centre is home to 10 multipurpose indoor courts, including a 1500 seat capacity show court; function room, meeting rooms, café and large piazza. Integration of technology within the facility, along with the redeveloped facilities positions Casey Stadium as an industry leader.
Key Elements of the Role
The Indoor Sports Leader will ensure the high-quality delivery of indoor sports competitions at the Centre.
Casey Stadium has undergone an expansion which sees the introduction of a state-of-the-art indoor sports area. An exciting opportunity exists to join the One Casey team and grow the indoor sports competitions, with potential for the role to grow with competition expansion. The Indoor Sports Leader will play a key role in ensuring quality competitions are delivered, with pathways from clinics through to Casey Stars representative teams.
The primary objectives of the Indoor Sports Leader are to increase participation in indoor sports competitions and programs and ensure strong retention. The Indoor Sports Leader must possess sound knowledge and understanding of program and competition delivery, ideally in an indoor cricket and soccer setting.
- Partnerships – Proven ability to create and foster strong partnerships with community-based organisations. Strong and sustainable partnerships is essential in providing long term programs and services to the community.
- Communication Skill - Applicants will be required to have strong oral and written communication skills which will form the foundation for successful public relations campaigns, partnership building and liaising with organisation and community members to program programs and services.
- Personal Attributes – Strong alignment to the YMCA values of honesty, respect, caring and responsibility and be driven to achieve the vision to help everyone be healthier, happier and connected to their community; and help those who are not.
- Programming – Proven ability to identify local community needs through research and developing strategic plans to meet these needs. Experience in implementing programs and competitions and being innovative in improving and creating new program opportunities is essential.
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- A national criminal history check;
- An international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- Holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.