- Work in an exciting and dynamic high performance environment
- Tell the stories of advances in sport technology and high performance
- Be surrounded by committed team focused on enabling sporting successes
The AIS, Australia’s leading High Performance Sport Agency has a new opportunity for an experienced Strategic Communications Manager, with a passion for sport and a strong focus on writing. This exciting role will sit in a small, dynamic team of communications professionals, working closely with the office of the AIS CEO. The successful applicant will be responsible for the creation of strategic communications plans leading into the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games, and developing high-level collateral for multiple stakeholder audiences, including National Sporting Organisations, Sport Institutes and Academies, State and Federal government bodies, athletes, media partners and the general public.
The position would a suit highly motivated person, with several years' experience in a mid to senior level role in corporate relations, government, media and/or related fields. The skills and attributes required in this role include:
- Outstanding written and editing skills, including across corporate documents, Executive and Ministerial speech-writing and presentation notes
- Strong interpersonal, communications and analytical skills;
- Analytical skills with the ability to understand and subsequently explain complex matters;
- Strong organisational skills,
- A high level of IT literacy;
- Detailed knowledge of Australia's system of government system;
- Understanding of and passion for Australian sport system
This is a fixed term position is based in Canberra and will be available until December 2022
Salary range = $106,121 - $125,222 pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation. Salary may be negotiable for the right candidate.
Employment benefits include access to priority onsite Childcare placements, free parking facilities and use of on-site gymnasium.
Applications close 5.00pm AEDT Thursday 19 December 2019
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
Please download the job description and then hit the "Apply Now" button. You will need to upload your CV/Resume and then complete the online application form. The application form will include these questions:
- Describe how your personal attributes will contribute to our team and enhance relationships with stakeholders
- Referencing the job description, please describe why you believe you are suitable for this position
- Please list your key relevant achievements
If you have any questions after reading the job description please contact Bridget Tilley on 02 6214 1128 for a confidential discussion, quoting reference number JN 1907.
If you experience any technical issues please contact People & Culture on (02) 6214 1328 or email@example.com