At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
The YMCA has been engaged by Moreland City Council to work together to deliver the vision of an Active Moreland for the entire Moreland community. Brunswick Baths is one of six Active Moreland sites with a strong membership base carrying over to the swimming lessons. The centre consists of a heated 50 metre outdoor pool, Program Pool, spa, sauna, steam room, splash park & Toddler pool, fully equipped gymnasium, group fitness rooms and training zones and crèche.
Key Elements of the Role
Brunswick Baths is looking for experienced and competent swimming teachers to join our Aquatics team. The suitable candidate will need to be available during the week and weekends for our swimming program. A range of shifts are available to the suitable candidate with lessons running throughout the week and on weekends.The Aquatic Education program at Brunswick baths is run through the YMCA swimming lessons program following the YMCA's swimming lesson curriculum and level guides.
Here at Brunswick we are looking for teachers with experience in Aquatic Education and Water Safety. The successful applicant will also be:
- Be friendly, positive, approachable and helpful
- A strong and valuable team player
- Have up to date knowledge of swimming techniques and practices
- Efficient customer service, friendly mannerism, punctual and committed to shifts
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- All applicants will undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment
The successful applicant will also need to be subject to a National Criminal Police Check before commencement of their position.
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA's Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- Senior First Aid
- Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety or equivalent
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics
- A national criminal history check;
- An international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- Holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks.
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Aquatics - Access and Inclusion
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Towards Competitive Strokes
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Adults
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.