Operations & Events Co-ordinator
You will be responsible for all day-to-day operational and administrative tasks, including membership and communications, as well as taking the lead role in the planning and execution of all Sport NSW events including educational seminars, the industry conference and awards ceremonies.
You will have experience in administration, communications, customer service, membership, website management and event management. An understanding of the sports sector would be an advantage.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Duties / Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
Operations and Administration:
- Manage the Sport NSW membership database and all member liaison;
- Manage the Sport NSW website, including content creation, to ensure its ongoing accuracy and relevancy to members;
- Create and distribute all external communications to members and stakeholders, including preparation of the electronic newsletter;
- Monitor and manage all Sport NSW social media channels;
- Oversee an efficient and well managed office, including accurate and efficient records management;
- Efficiently and effectively respond to all phone and email enquiries.
- Detailed planning of all Sport NSW events including venue, catering, budgets, promotion, collateral, and scheduling;
- Oversee all tasks associated with awards ceremonies including nomination processes, judging, VIP invitations, ticket sales etc;
- Execute all events to the highest quality to deliver an outstanding guest experience;
- Liaise with media as required to ensure maximum coverage of Sport NSW events.
Plus additional projects and tasks as required dependent on Sport NSW workflow and demands.
This position involves internal and external communication with Sport NSW staff, members and stakeholders including State Sporting Organisations, State Disability Sport Organisations, Office of Sport, Regional Academies of Sport, corporate partners, preferred suppliers, local councils, and other industry bodies.
The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer. The position will also oversee management of volunteers at events.
In addition to demonstrating relevant experience across the Key Areas of Responsibility identified above, candidates applying for the Operations & Events Co-ordinator role will require a range of personal and professional skills, including:
- Experience in general office administration and customer service;
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) plus design and publishing software;
- Experience with website management and administration;
- Experience in the administration and running of programs and events;
- Experience working within a team and the ability and confidence to work with a range of stakeholders at all levels;
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- A knowledge of the NSW and Australian sports sector structure and the various stakeholders’ roles in sport;
- Experience preparing reports and external communications;
- Experience with budgeting and financial management;
- A background in a membership based organisation, a sporting organisation, or professional association;
- A relevant tertiary qualification in business management, marketing and communications or sports administration or currently undertaking such study.
The position is based in the Sport NSW Office at Sports House – Level 2, Quad 1, 8 Parkview Drive, Sydney Olympic Park
Position and Hours of Work
This is a full-time time position which will require some infrequent out of hours and weekend work.
A remuneration package of $67,500 - $72,500 inclusive of superannuation will be available to the successful candidate, depending upon skill level and experience.
Sport NSW has a comprehensive website which includes information and news items on all facets of its activities, services and programs. The website address is: www.sportnsw.com.au
Darren Simpson, Chief Executive Officer, Sport NSW
Ph: 02 8736 1240
About Sport NSW
Sport NSW is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, representing NSW sporting organisations, sport businesses and local councils as The Voice of Sport to raise and respond to issues that impact on all levels of sport and to foster the future development of sport in New South Wales.
Sport NSW exists to support its members and promote, strengthen and advocate for the sector so more people and communities in NSW enjoy the significant benefits sport and active recreation provides.