We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Aquatic Industry Compliance Professional to join our team at Canterbury-Bankstown Council.
The successful candidate will assist the Aquatics Leadership team to achieve best practice in relation to safety and compliance cross our 5 centres through regular audit, training, risk assessment, inspection, policy, procedure and the maintenance of the Aquatics Safety Management System.
You will need to be highly organised, have the ability to prioritise and communicate at all levels of the organisation. This role is integral to providing a safe and enjoyable experience to our customers and a safe environment for our team to work in.
Tasks include but not limited to:
- Develop and implement a staff training calendar specific to industry requirements.
- The facilitation of in-house training in SOPs and SWMS.
- Maintain and update the Leisure and Aquatics staff training and qualifications matrix.
- Liaise with Council’s WHS business partner and the Leadership team to schedule the quarterly WHS inspections at each site.
- Maintain the Leisure and Aquatics Incident Report Register.
- Manage the Leisure an Aquatics Risk Register ensuring that all risk assessments are completed and reviewed prior to the due date.
- Maintain the Leisure and Aquatics Test and Inspection Schedule.
- Ensure relevant documents in Q-Pulse are reviewed as required.
- Assist in the development and implementation of efficiencies in the Leisure and Aquatics Team in relation to industry compliance.
- Liaise with Royal Lifesaving NSW to schedule the Annual Facility Safety Assessments for all Centres.
- Certificate IV in WHS or equivalent experience/qualifications
- Certificate IV in training and assessment or recognised equivalent
- Senior First Aid certificate
- Current CPR certificate
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Demonstrated experience in managing Leisure and Aquatics Industry Compliance
- Experience in delivering group and individual training
- Experience in Risk Assessment and Risk Management
- Proficiency in administration and achieving set KPI’s
- The ability to keep up to date and respond to changes and opportunities relating to the Leisure and Aquatics industry.
- Sound experience and proficiency in excel
What’s in it for you?
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
- Flexible work practices (opportunity to earn additional time off)
- A competitive remuneration package
- 35 Hour week
- Access to health and wellbeing programs (In house remedial Massages, discounted gym membership, etc.)
- Access to further training and development
- Work for an award winning organisation that will truly value your input
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted online by clicking the 'Apply' button below and creating a login using your email address. Please provide a current CV and a covering letter addressing each of the Essential Criteria listed above.
Applications close on Monday 18th November 2019.
For more information, please contact Ben Ellison-Kubecka (Manager Aquatics) on 9707 9508.
Canterbury Bankstown Council prides itself on being a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with a disability or culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please follow us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/city-of-canterbury-bankstown