- Salary: $111,182 to $123,775 per annum + Monthly ADO + Vehicle +Superannuation
- Permanent Full Time
- Fantastic benefits, monthly ADO, vehicle, great location, wellbeing programs, training & more!
Located along the banks of the Yarra, The City of Stonnington is a vibrant and diverse municipality. With a population exceeding 100,000 residents and covering an area of 25 km2 Stonnington has a variety of parks, gardens, cultural centres and a highly impressive range of shopping strips and amazing restaurants. Stonnington has an enviable record as an innovative and progressive Council that is committed to providing a culture where employee health, wellbeing and development are a priority.
As a Coordinator Recreation Services you will lead the provision of passive and active recreation within Stonnington through the development and implementation of recreation policy, programs and facilities, and the facilitation and delivery of capital works projects and recreation infrastructure. Additionally, you’ll provide strong and clear team leadership, with a focus on developing staff through coaching and clear strategic direction.
We’re looking for a motivated and enthusiastic professional with extensive relevant experience in a similar role and:
- Pro-active methods for leading and developing strong and cohesive teams
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategic plans and policies
- Well-developed and effective strategies for managing diverse and competing stakeholder needs and building and maintaining collaborative relationships with a variety of partners, community groups and stakeholders
- Ability to develop innovative solutions that effectively deliver community focused outcomes.
At the City of Stonnington, we recognise and reward our employees, providing ongoing training and development opportunities and putting health and wellbeing first with an award nominated Wellbeing Program. Additional benefits for this position include:
- Salary of $111,182 to $123,775 per annum + 9.5% Superannuation
- A monthly accrued day off
- Limited private use of a corporate vehicle
- Priority access to council managed childcare facilities and MCH and immunisation services
- A modern and sustainable workplace with a supportive and friendly team environment.
City of Stonnington is an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse and socially inclusive work environment and a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. We actively encourage applicants from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to explore the opportunity of a career at the City of Stonnington. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
Be part of Stonnington. Work that matters. People who make a difference.
Submitting your application
A Position Description is attached below for your perusal which includes the Key Selection Criteria. Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria as part of their application. To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.
For further information on how to apply contact the Council’s Recruitment Officer on Ph: 03 8290 1333.
For position related queries, please contact James Rouse on Ph: 82901170
Applications close 17/11/2019