A fantastic opportunity to join Campbelltown City Council as a Gym Supervisor on a casual basis!
Campbelltown City Council is a progressive and innovative organisation in a City surrounded by green spaces and bushland, providing services to a vibrant and diverse community. We have a cohesive and collaborative culture that thrives on having an impact on the local community for the greater good.
The Sport, Recreation & Leisure team manages a number of high quality aquatic and indoor recreation facilities including two multi-purpose sports centres, two Olympic sized outdoor swimming pools and four indoor heated aquatic facilities.
The Sport, Recreation & Leisure team focuses on providing services to engage the community into living healthy lifestyles through running classes and programs within the various leisure facilities.
We are currently seeking suitably qualified and experienced Casual Gym Supervisors with outgoing personalities, positive attitudes and enthusiasm, to assist client enquiries on the gym floor and to demonstrate/modify exercise techniques to clients.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- Experience in developing fitness programs for clients of varying fitness levels
- Possess a Certificate III in Fitness, a current Resuscitation Certificate and a current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Registered and qualified Gym Instructor with Fitness Australia
- Great communication skills with the ability to engage with customers in a positive manner
- Be a strong team player
- Versatility and a willingness to learn commitment to role modelling our values of: Respect, Integrity, Optimism, Trust and Teamwork.
In return, you will join a friendly and cohesive team environment and receive the following:
- Casual employment
- Salary is per Local Government State Award (Junior rates of pay apply to applicants under the age of 18 years)
- Generous professional development opportunities
- Weekly pay
For further information, please contact Corey Oliver, Leisure Centre Supervisor, on 02 4645 4029.
Thursday 24 October 2019.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Campbelltown City Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and values the unique contributions of all people. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.