A fantastic opportunity to join Campbelltown City Council as a Learn to Swim Instructor on a casual basis!
Campbelltown City Council is a progressive and innovative organisation in a City surrounded by green spaces and bushland, providing services to a vibrant and diverse community. We have a cohesive and collaborative culture that thrives on having an impact on the local community for the greater good.
The Sport, Recreation & Leisure team manages a number of high quality aquatic and indoor recreation facilities including two multi-purpose sports centres, two Olympic sized outdoor swimming pools and four indoor heated aquatic facilities.
The Sport, Recreation & Leisure team focuses on providing services to engage the community into living healthy lifestyles through running classes and programs within the various leisure facilities.
We are currently seeking suitably qualified and experienced Casual Learn to Swim Instructors who have outgoing personalities, positive attitudes with enthusiasm, versatility and a willingness to learn to instruct and teach learn to swim classes at the centres according to requirements set by Campbelltown Leisure Services.
What we are seeking:
- A current Industry recognised Learn to Swim Instructor Certificate (AUSTSWIM: Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety and/or Swim Australia: Swim Australia Teacher Certificate) and preferably AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics or equivalent
- A current Resuscitation Certificate
- Knowledge of and experience in instructing and planning learn to swim classes
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- A cleared Working with Children Check
- Commitment to role modelling our values of: Respect, Integrity, Optimism, Trust and Teamwork.
What we are offering:
- Casual employment
- Salary is per the Local Government State Award (Junior rates of pay apply to applicants under 18 years of age) + 9.5% superannuation.
- Generous professional development opportunities
- Weekly pay
For further information please contact Mason Ryan, Leisure Centre Supervisor, on 4645 4248.
Thursday, 24 October 2019.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Campbelltown City Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and values the unique contributions of all people. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.