At the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) we are a passionate team focused on the development, regulation, promotion and administration of motor sport across Australia. As the National Sporting Authority and custodian of four wheeled motor sport, we have developed a solid membership base and a dedicated team with a commitment to doing what’s best for the sport.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to play a significant role in the development of motor sport in Western Australia on a part-time basis for 20-24 hours a week. The Sport and Club Development Officer adds value to CAMS and the industry by working within the state to increase participation in motor sport, engage and grow car clubs and increase grant and funding opportunities with government.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implementing strategies for community and club engagement.
- Working with CAMS affiliated clubs to help them strengthen their membership base and overall functionality.
- Representing and building the profile of CAMS at local motor sport events.
- Actively searching for funding/grant opportunities for CAMS.
- Skills and experience required include:
- Previous experience in developing and implementing participation and development programs, and delivering events in sport, leisure, recreation or similar.
- Experience sourcing government funding.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability delivering outstanding customer service.
- Strong networking skills with experience managing a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Experience working with volunteers and in member-based organisations, or in sport is highly desirable.
- An interest in motor sport would be advantageous.
If you are seeking a flexible, autonomous job, then this role may be for you! It is an excellent opportunity to make a difference in a growing organisation and industry. You will receive some great employee benefits including a suite of social and wellbeing activities, such as subsidised massage, training and development opportunities and a supportive and evolving company culture.