At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
The Kew Recreation Centre (KRC) is an important community facility and is just one of the leisure and aquatic facilities that make up the Boroondara Leisure and Aquatic Facilities (BLAF) that is managed by YMCA Victoria in partnership with the City of Boroondara. The Boroondara Leisure and Aquatic Facilities provide the unique opportunity for staff to be exposed to a variety of facilities, programs and services within a vibrant workplace. YMCA Victoria is committed to provide the highest level of service to our visitors and career development for our staff teams.
Key Elements of the Role
The Café Attendant will be committed to providing high-quality food and drinks to patrons. They will complete food preparation and cook up daily specials. They will work effectively, efficiently and professionally as a member of the frontline team providing outstanding customer service.
Café Experience Preferred
Hours Required (prefer all but please specify in cover letter)
- Worked in a café or kiosk
- Experience in food handling and food preparation
- Experience as a barista
- Cash handling
- Sound knowledge of hygiene and health standards for handling food and beverages
- HLTAID003 Apply first aid or equivalent
- HLTAID001 Perform CPR or equivalent
- Food handling certificate
- Bullying and Harassment (completed after selection prior to employment)
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- A national criminal history check;
- An international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- Holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.