• Annualised Band 7 Role.
• Temporary Part Time (3 days per week) for 3 months, possibility of 5 months.
• Based at the Civic Centre - Nunawading.
Our Recreation and Open Space Development team is looking for a hands on and energetic person who is passionate about open space and recreation planning, development, strategy, projects, capital works and making a difference to the community.
You will project manage key projects within the Recreation & Open Space Development Unit which improve the provision of facilities and opportunities for the Whitehorse community.
Qualifications and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in recreation, leisure studies, project management or a relevant discipline are necessary along with significant experience in project management of community-oriented projects.
- Sound recreation planning abilities & experience.
- Understanding and commitment to policy and strategy development and implementation.
- Experience and understanding of community consultation processes.
- Ability to analyse and interpret information regarding recreation and community trends.
- Understanding & knowledge of recreation and service provision in the local government sector.
- Knowledge of design standards relating to recreation.
• Knowledge of relevant Legislation, Awards, Codes of Practice and Standards.
We encourage applicants to view the Leisure Facilities Project Coordinator role advertised currently and will consider an application for both roles concurrently. If you wish to apply for both, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Further information is available from Leigh Morris on 9262 7666. Applications close Sunday 22 September 2019. Applications should address the key selection criteria contained in the position description.