Maroondah Leisure Gym/Health Club Instructor
- $36.06 per hour
- Location: Ringwood/Croydon
Aquanation is one of Melbourne’s newest and most exciting Aquatic and Leisure facilities.
Maroondah City Council is seeking experienced and highly motivated health club instructors that are driven, fit and well presented to educate, motivate and inspire Aquanation members to achieve their health and fitness goals.
Instructors must be available to be rostered during the operating hours of Aquanation, including early mornings (5:30am-8:30am), late evenings (6:00pm-10:00pm), and weekends.
A friendly demeanour combined with a passion about getting members results is also a valuable attribute. The ability to provide exceptional customer service to members and guests within the Health Club at Aquanation is an essential pre-requisite. Customer Service is a key value at Maroondah City Council and it is essential that the customer experience is a priority.
Did you know that to be a health club instructor at Aquanation you need to have:
- Certificate III & IV in Fitness
- Current registration with Fitness Australia or Physical Activity Australia
- Current Working with Children’s Check
- Current CPR and Defibrillator Qualifications
- Current Level 2 First Aid
- A passion for the health and fitness industry
- Experience in customer service, exercise prescription, one on one and group training / consultation
- A strong commitment to exemplary customer service and member retention
Other qualifications that are desirable to have (but aren’t compulsory) are:
- Diploma of Fitness, Tertiary qualification in Exercise Science, Human Movement (relevant in Fitness/Exercise Field) or equivalent qualification
- Industry recognised Kettlebell certification
- Industry recognised TRX or Rip 60 or Suspension Training certification
- Industry recognised Level 1 & 2 Boxing certification
- Level 1 & 2 Strength and Conditioning Coach Accreditation
- Industry recognised Functional Training Accreditation
- ViPR training certificationInbody composition scan training
- Myofascial release or trigger point therapy certification
- Beck Health Certificate of Nutrition
As part of our recruitment process you may be required to have pre-employment checks. (Psychometric Assessment, Medical, CrimCheck and provide us with a current Working with Children Id Card - Employee).
Applications close: Sunday 22 September 2019