Melbourne City FC has an exciting opportunity open for a Communications Manager who is responsible for all of the Club’s media and public relations, corporate and internal communications.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Key responsibilities include creating communication that is on message and on brand for Melbourne City FC spokespeople, including media and other speaking events (internal and external) as well as developing proactive PR opportunities to help drive membership, provide value to commercial partners and create positive brand sentiment with new and existing audiences.
The successful candidate must be flexible, extremely proactive and self-motivated, have strong interpersonal skills and highly organised to deliver deadlines, including periods of working out of normal office hours.
Who are we?
Melbourne City FC is part of the City Football Group, which also owns English Premier League club Manchester City FC and Major League Soccer club New York City FC. Melbourne City FC competes in the major Australian domestic competition, the Hyundai A-League, the top tier of women’s football, the Westfield W-League, and the National Youth League. Melbourne City Football Academy is a state of art training facility that hosts these teams, as well as our Academy squads.
About City People
City people are entrepreneurial, innovative, open-minded and team-oriented. Our team members are humble and hardworking, challenge our thinking and have a will to win, and combine genuine understanding of the importance of our local communities with a global approach. If you possess these attributes, we would love to hear from you.
What we need from you:
- Tertiary Qualification ion Communications/Marketing/Journalism or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a communications role, agency or in-house.
- Experience managing proactive and reactive multi-channel communications programs, with tangible results
- Excellent media relations skills and demonstrated experience building relationships with a range of media.
- Have an understanding of tone-of-voice.
- Experience working in the sports, entertainment or consumer industry.
- Involvement in event management and development of press materials.