- Executive position - second tier lead management role
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the leisure industry
- Attractive package (including potential shareholding)
- North Sydney based plus travel
Otium Planning Group (OPG) is a contemporary sport and leisure planning company with offices across Australia and New Zealand. OPG provides consultancy and planning services for all aspects of sport, leisure and recreation planning, implementation and review to a variety of clients including local government, state government departments and agencies, tertiary institutions, schools and private developers.
The product scope includes:
- major infrastructure plans for new or upgraded aquatic, sport, recreation and indoor facilities, covering management and operating arrangements, modelling financial projections;
- strategic sport, recreation, active living, open space studies and plans for whole of city to individual precinct and site master or management plans;
- business modelling and cost benefit analysis.
This senior executive second-tier lead management role will be one of three Associates that directly report to Otium Planning Group’s four Directors.
The role involves working across the OPG business as well as the New South Wales office, including:
- Managing OPG team members and sub-consultants in order to ensure high quality results;
- Delivering projects from project evaluation, tendering, inception to project finalisation phase; and
- Establishing relationships and identifying opportunities to further grow OPG within New South Wales.
Applying high level project management, consultation, research and interpretive skills, the Associate will lead and/ or contribute a wide range of projects for clients, including:
- Preparation of strategic and master plans for recreation and sport facilities, activities and/ or open space
- Development of physical activity strategies
- Outdoor Recreation and Tourism related projects
- Research and project work associated with feasibility studies and facility plans for indoor, aquatic or cultural facilities
- Development of concept and management plans for recreation areas and/ or facilities
- Preparation of project submissions and project and research support to Directors as required
- Other project work related to the Leisure industry.
To be considered for this role you will be tertiary qualified and/or have significant senior management experience in sport, recreation, facility planning/management, urban/regional/town planning or open space planning. You must be able to manage projects working independently, whilst also leading a diverse, high performing team committed to delivering high quality outcomes within project timelines.
You will be a dynamic communicator, with the ability to present to a variety of stakeholder groups as well as prepare high quality written reports.
Drawing on your extensive network within the NSW sport and leisure sector, you will have the ability to identify and capitalise on opportunities for new business with a genuine interest in contributing to the ongoing development of the industry.
This is a unique opportunity to aid the development of healthy and active communities across NSW, Australia and beyond!
For more information and news items on all facets of activities, services and programs, visit the OPG website or follow on LinkedIn, facebook or twitter.
NOTE: Candidates must be an Australian Citizen / Permanent Resident or have unlimited working rights within Australia to be considered for this position.